Wednesday, November 2, 2011

recipe: SIMPLE HUMMUS

Since you now know about the fabulous 365 Brand Garbanzo Beans with no sodium added you'll need some good ways to put them to use!  The most obvious (and perhaps most delicious) is hummus.  I live for hummus, it is a rich, creamy and filling dip that is so good for you.  I came up with a super simple and quick hummus recipe that you can make all the time.  Check it out...



INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 15 oz can 365 Garbanzo Beans
  • 3/4 of a lemon
  • 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic (optional)
  • salt to taste

INSTRUCTIONS:
Remove garbanzo beans from the can and rinse under cold water.  Place the beans in a blender or food processor. 
 
Add the olive oil. 
 
Squeeze in the lemon, be careful not to let any seeds get in (you can always add more lemon later if you like the taste.  I usually find 3/4 of the lemon to be just the right amount).
 
If you want to add garlic then chop up a clove and throw it in the blender, or skip it if you're not into garlic.
 
Blend until smooth.
 
Place into a bowl, add salt to your taste, and serve!
 
I like to eat this hummus with some celery; it makes a crunchy, filling and healthy snack.  This hummus also tastes great with Bad Joan's Ezekiel Chips.
 
GTBB,
Bad Joan

 

11 comments:

  1. Hummus is easily one of my favorite foods! This recipe is ridic easy. Can't wait to try it!

    www.chillairandperfume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lemon juice? that's a new to me hummus ingredient. i bet it makes fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I'll have to try it.


    Stay Beautiful,
    Ren
    http://rosesarerenfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat my weight in hummus every day. I'll have to try out this recipe.

    Mabel
    Mabel Time

    ReplyDelete
  5. humus is one of my favorite sort of dip/spread/everything... thanks for sharing this amazing reciepe xxxx

    http://accordingto-anna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMm !!! Merci pour recette!!!
    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi lovely, I just found your blog!!! I like it!!!
    I follow you Now!!!
    Have a nice weekend!

    Besos, desde España, Marcela

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Thanks for commenting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! This surely is simple. I love such healthy and cooking blogs

    Looking forward to more posts from you

    Love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I'm always looking for a quick hummus recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. but wheres the tahini? i always feel that hummus tastes a bit bland without the lovely seseame seed flavours.

    ReplyDelete