- 1 bag baby carrots
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix all ingredients in a medium size oven safe pan. Cover tightly with foil. Place in the oven for 1 hour.
Remove from the oven. Let cool for a few minutes and the blend.
Simple, delicious, and healthy!
This dip tastes great with some homemade Pita Chips. They are so simple to make and if you use a whole wheat pita they are low in calories and high in fiber. Here is how you do it:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Separate the pita
- Brush each side with olive oil
- Cut into triangles
- Cover a baking sheet in foil and lay the triangles in a single layer
- Lightly salt
- Place in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until brown and crispy
This is an easy snack to keep at home that will fill you up in a nutritious way!